Friday, July 8, 2011

Ambien Haiku

The other evening I was having an especially difficult night sleeping. I'd already gone to bed twice and got back up. I finally took an Ambien about 0115.

Ambien works really well for me, which I suppose is why I don't like to take it (along with other discretionary meds) unless I really have to.

During the 45 minutes or so I was waiting for it to take effect (it usually begins within 20!), I doodled around on FB via my BlackBerry and came up with some 'interesting' poetry.

@ 0125
Brain to oatmeal turns
Mixed with night's weary slumber
Gentle breezes coax

@0135
Noodle disengaged
Sliding to drug fed slumber
Poet slinks to bed

@0139
Too long on sofa
Second Gear untoothed groove slips
Mumbles ummm Biscuits

@0146
Finally reclined me
Back to the master suite traipsed
O2 meets night night

I received a few comments from "I'm getting a perscription for that stuff" to concerns about my reputation.

I'm really OK. I just needed a little help getting to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff, Kim! The poetry - and apparently, he Ambien! <3

    ReplyDelete