Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Anti-Racism II

CU Boulder

Week 2 Linguistic Constructions of Race and Racism

Discussion Prompt #1: What Did You Experience?

 

[What Did You Experience? This may be difficult, but reflect on and share the emotions that you experienced while engaging with the content in this part of Week 2 of the course.]


Annoyance (as a White person confronted with this problem in the first place); Incredulity (that we as the Human Family haven’t grown past this as yet), Anger (that I feel by the implicit/explicit accusations); Guilt (that ‘my people’ have long been complicit regarding this segment of history); Shame (that I’m implicated in this by all this solely by the fact that I’m White); Curiosity (regarding what BIPoC people are thinking and feeling); Fear (regarding the individual and collective responses of BIPoC persons); Embarrassment (that other White folks would tell me this is all BS, and I’m ‘foolish’ [euphemistically speaking] for pursuing it). Wow! The reactions and emotions can flow—and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment