Thursday, May 26, 2011

Please . . . Get a FB Fan Page

Arrrrrrrrrrggg!

I suppose I shouldn't complain, but I'm going to. Maybe I don't have license or interest or investment in a particular business venture like some, but I do work in the Business World and have some Stroooong Opinions.

My FaceBook is being cluttered more and more by Personal Profile Pages serving as a Business Page. With Fan Pages that's totally fine 'cause I usually know what I'm liking. And Personal Profiles that make suggestion or offer links to Business Pursuits is likewise OK. I do the same sometimes regarding where I work. 

But really, multiple posts of advertising and please join 'this or that cause' or intrusive gaming is really an annoyance for me. So are the posts of Folks who obviously don't tend to their Page (including Fan Pages), or who seem to constantly lack simple Spam discerning skills.

So sorry, but if you fall into one of these categories, please reconsider developing a Fan Page or at least monitoring your Wall a bit more closely?

Otherwise . . . you're gone. 

Yes, I feel so much better now! 

2 comments:

  1. I don't care how old in cyber-years this post is, I still think it's the funniest, most relatable thing I've read about the trials of Facebook! Thanks for expressing my thoughts.

    PS: Block the games, dump the spam posts, and suffer through the rest along with all us other tired souls trying to make our beams shine a little brighter in that long line of headlights.

    ReplyDelete