Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Running the Signs, (cont)

A few weeks ago, I posted regarding my concerns of various citizens in my neighborhood running stop signs and a stop light close to our elementary school. When I contacted the police department via their Web-Site, I was passed to the Sand Creek Division, who referred me to the head of the Springs motorcycle patrol, who sent be back again to the Division, and specifically directed to me the crime prevention officer. Actually, I expected this. But along the way I learned a couple of things:

·        The motorcycle patrol is tasked with the top 25 schools/areas of concern. Apparently, we ain’t one of ‘em.

·        It really won’t be helpful to police to photograph or even video these culprits as most judges will not accept this as evidence in their courts. Tickets written by an observing officer are preferred.

Now the officers I spoke to seemed kind-hearted and empathetic but we really didn’t get anywhere. And of course school is now out for the summer so my primary concerns seem moot—at least for a season.

I think I’ll contact the school principal and get her take on the level of concern as voiced by others. Secondly, I’ll contact the Sand Creek Homeowners Association to determine if this has been brought up by others.

In the meantime, some Folks are still running the stop signs and the red light at the end of street. I’ll call the police again and complain. Then at least I’ll be on record.

No comments:

Post a Comment