Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Stop Signs!

Just a few days ago, I posted the following on Facebook:

Some folks in our neighborhood run the Stop Signs frequently. Living next to an elementary school seems to make little difference – even when kids are going to school or being released. Police know but just can't be here all the time. Any suggestions?

I received several helpful responses and entertained also the possibilities of shotgun and flame-thrower . . .

Earlier this afternoon, I posted the following on the Colorado Springs Police Department FB Page:

A Question, please.

 I live in the Sand Creek Division. Being recently retired, I can't help but notice a lot of folks running the stop signs in the neighborhood. This is of special concern since we live next door to an elementary school. It doesn't seem to make a difference; people run the signs just the same--even as kids are walking to school in the morning and during their release in the afternoon.

How can I help calm this down? Is Photography of the offenders at all helpful? I'm thinking Video in particular.

I'm concerned and annoyed and would see our neighborhood a better and safer place.

Thanks for all you do!

This is a major concern I have. I’ll keep you apprised of what I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment