Sunday, April 10, 2011

Travelogue: Day 6 (5 April 2011)

Hi, Emily---

(This Note is a little stale and I'm sorry for it. I didn't always have access to a computer; only what I could rustle up where I was staying in public accommodation. And that often at odd hours.) 

I left Oak Harbor this morning and was saddened to depart so soon. I would like to have spent a few more days and checked out more of her several nooks and crannies. But for what I envisioned for two days I managed quite well. Perhaps I'll be able to return. Another whack at the Whidbey Island Writers Conference perhaps?

I drove out to the north which took me over Deception Pass. Stopped for about half an hour to climb about the bridge and gawk at the view and shoot some BB Pics. Then on over to I-5 and south back to Seattle. A bit of mist here and there but no worries. Good flight to LAX for my connection and then a 757 on to LAV. Nice Plane--and were we packed! (Airport Food can be quite awful BTW--and Expensive! $22 for a stale Club Sandwich and a little wisp of a Salad? Whew!)

Saw a little of the City when leaving McCarran Airport. Plan to spend a good deal of time on the Strip tomorrow. It's already late, so I managed happily with a home-built cheese sandwich and some friendly conversation with Springs Folks who recently moved here.

Great visiting close Friends in Las Vegas! Their home straddles a Golf Course outside of the city and is so lovely! Gentle Breeze through the Palm Trees! (You can use that if you wish.) Stars Bright through the Desert Air. A little CSI NY in my room, an Ambien and on to sleep.

Good Night to You also, Emily,

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Hi Richard, Very much enjoyed your travel review. Embarrased to say I'm not sure where the Island is, Mass?, Your narrative made me feel like I was really there! Will share your story with my FB Friends as I know many of them have never been to the east coast. Please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie---Whidbey Island is NW of Seattle in Puget Sound. It's the home of a Writers Conference I attended in Coupeville and a Naval Air Station in Oak Harbor.

    Thanks for Reading and Commenting!

    Kindly Regards,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete