Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Travelogue: Day 8 (7 April 2011)

Hi Emily---

Breakfast with Jane and Amanda this morning. Coffee and ersatz Bear Claw for me. Kait came by a little later and joined us. Beautiful morning in Las Vegas! 

We went to visit a house desperately in need of renovation and attention in regard to its walls and some unfortunate furnishings. It was fun to observe these Women in action. Being of the male persuasion, I thought it best to remove myself to the dining table whilst they focused on the Great Room. Obviously, I asked some worthless question or made some smart remark from time to time. Couldn't help myself. Ehhh, we all live on a Yellow Submarine anyway . . .

Then back to the Homestead to gather my things. To the Airport, Farewells and then on through Security.

LAS to DEN to COS and Home.

I held a Jewel in my fingers--
And went to sleep--
The day was warm, and winds were prosy--
I said " 'Twill keep"--

I woke--and chid my honest fingers,
The Gem was gone--
And now, an Amethyst remembrance
Is all I own--

Yes. Oh, Very Yes. Your Verse still works for me.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment