Sunday, March 6, 2011

Two Year-Old CABG

Yup. Done this. I've had THE Quadruple Bypass Surgery, or what is known in the Medical World as Coronary Arterial Bypass Graft--CABG. Signed the dotted line and came out with the 10" Zipper two years ago today!

Because of some fortunate Timing, a cracker-jack Medical Team, the support of Spouse, Family, Friends and the attendance of Angels, I'm still around and Kickin'! Didn't quite expect to be.

I'm one of those who believes that genetics played a role but it wasn't just that. I've always tended to eat what I want, when I want. And I've lived too sedentary a lifestyle--at least outwardly.. But I also think God used this to get me to slow down otherwise and think about some things.

Nothing's Perfected as of yet. And I'm still Thinking.
And Reading.
And Writing. 
And Praying.
And thankfully, Growing.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I think God uses times like this to slow us down and grow us up.
    Where I kick myself is when I don't learn my lessons the first go-around and have to relearn with another similar lesson!
    Eating what we want, when we want to is a sign of a common American lifestyle.
    It's a habit that's so hard to break - as you know. The food looks so good - all the time! How do we resist it? It beckons and we answer. One sniff of the heavenly aromas and our will power melts like buttah.... speaking of....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are still around and that I had the opportunity to meet you.
    I struggle with the "put whatever you want in your mouth, you can start correcting your eating habits tomorrow" thinking. I also come from bad genes concerning hearts. My mother had triple bypass and my younger brother had bypass. You would think that would make me think twice or three times about what I put in my mouth.
    May you have a long, long healthy life with Christ at the center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Helen and Diane for you comments and warm support! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete